This article is best viewed from the LeoFinance frontend.
On This Month (September/2021) three years ago (2018) I started a journey that would become the best financial decision of my life. No, I didn't decide I was going to go to college and "make something of myself". No, I didn't find my lifelong career path. What I did do is Purchase my very first Splinterlands Booster.
Sure I already had my toe dipped in the game with collecting any free cards that I could in various giveaways. I can even list the names of the Hiven's that created some of the awesome Splinterland giveways in which I was participating in at the time. Looking at yous @simplymike , @o07 , @dosdudes , @ngc , @doctorcrypto.
I wasn't a big gamer at the time. Heck I'm still not that big of a gamer. In fact Splinterlands occupies 90% of my gaming time. The other 10% belongs to gaming systems that bring me nostalgia (Hello NES/SNES). What makes this day so memorable is not only did I purchase my first Splinterlands booster (which was an Alpha Booster) but the contents of that booster put me in the Splinterlands history books (not an actual thing but should be).
As I flipped over that first card I noticed it turned gold. I thought to myself, "That's cool, a gold one. I wonder what its worth". Due to my lack of experience in such games it was unknown to me (at the time of the opening) how lucky I was to have flipped a Gold Foil Legendary in my first ever purchased Booster pack. The other cards were awesome as well (Haunted Spirit / Hell Yes!).
At the time of opening there were only 21 GOLD DRAGON's that were of the Gold variety in existance (Today there is 27). My curiosity got the better of me and I checked the Splinterlands marketplace to see what its then value was, $ 1190 - $ 1337 .... Unbelievable! I was ecstatic and instantly hooked. I to this day still own this card. I have always said that someone would have to pry it out of my cold dead hands before I would ever sell it. Lets take a look at its today (9/21/2021) USD Value.
Hot diggity dog, the cheapest GFL Gold Dragon on the Splinterlands Market Place will cost $250,000 USD. Will someone pay that price (who knows, crazier things have happened in the world of crypto). But as everyone knows, asking price isn't always a true value of somethings worth. Is it in this case, I can't say. You the reader can be the judge of that. Click here to view source information.
What is Splinterlands?
Splinterlands is an online blockchain game built on the Hive Network. It utilizes NFT's for game play. These NFT's and other in game assets are tradable and have real monetary value. Click here to play or to invest in Splinterlands today. Play for free or pay $10 usd and start earning today!
GOLD DRAGON LORE
There is only one living Golden Dragon, and he presides over the great Dragon Congress. His magic and armor are the greatest, and only the Hydra has put his mettle to the test. Suam Khepri, the leader of the united Gloridax, is always on the lookout for the next Gold Dragon, which prophecy says will hatch in these times. Lore taken from official Splinterlands site.
Posted Using LeoFinance Beta